Reedy sentence example
- Some people have even described the music as a thin, reedy sound, just audible on the evening air.
- Keep close to the hedge, walking south westwards, and when the hedge peters out, stay close to the big reedy ditch.
- By the 13th century the Aztecs by their ferocity had banded their neighbours together against them; some were driven to take refuge on the reedy lake shore at Acoculco, while others were taken as captives into Culhuacan.
- In the summer in Sweden the pike can be found lying in the shallow reedy margins of the lakes.
- There is also a small reedy pool at the side of this track which is well worth checking.Advertisement
- Rarer colored surnames include Red, a variant form of the surname Reed or Reid, someone who lived in a reedy area.
- Unfortunately they were busy nest building just beyond a reedy island.
- A reedy voice piped, Do you think a volcano might start in there?
- From this point downward, and to some extent above this as far as Samawa, the river forms a succession of reedy lagoons of the most hopeless character, the Paludes Chaldaici of antiquity, el Batihat of the Arabs.
- Larger Winter-green (Pyrola Rotundifolia) - P. rotundifolia is a rare native plant, 6 to 12 inches high, inhabiting woods, shady, bushy, and reedy places.Advertisement
- Water-cress, sweet flag, flowering rush, several potamogetons, water milfoil, water ranunculus, and the reedy sweet watergrass (Glyceria aquatica) rank amongst the criteria of excellence.
- The southern part of the state includes the Everglades (qv.), a large area of low, flat, marshy land, overgrown with tall reedy grass, a veritable wilderness; thus giving Florida an unenvied first rank among the states in marsh area.
- Kings river, rising in the high southern Sieria near I~It Whitney, has built its fan rather actively, and obstructed the discharge from the part of the valley next farther south, which has thus come to be overflowed by the shallow waters of Tulare Lake, of flat, reedy, uncertain borders.
- Blanford, lions are still numerous in the reedy swamps, bordering the Tigris and Euphrates, and also occur on the west flanks of the Zagros mountains and the oak-clad ranges near Shiraz, to which they are attracted by the herds of swine which feed on the acorns.
- " land of reeds," and appropriate designation for Babylonia, which is essentially a district of reedy marshes formed by the Tigris and Euphrates.Advertisement