Reedy sentence example
- Some people have even described the music as a thin, reedy sound, just audible on the evening air.
- Unfortunately they were busy nest building just beyond a reedy island.
- In the summer in Sweden the pike can be found lying in the shallow reedy margins of the lakes.
- There is also a small reedy pool at the side of this track which is well worth checking.
- A reedy voice piped, Do you think a volcano might start in there?Advertisement
- Rarer colored surnames include Red, a variant form of the surname Reed or Reid, someone who lived in a reedy area.
- Keep close to the hedge, walking south westwards, and when the hedge peters out, stay close to the big reedy ditch.
- By the 13th century the Aztecs by their ferocity had banded their neighbours together against them; some were driven to take refuge on the reedy lake shore at Acoculco, while others were taken as captives into Culhuacan.
- From this point downward, and to some extent above this as far as Samawa, the river forms a succession of reedy lagoons of the most hopeless character, the Paludes Chaldaici of antiquity, el Batihat of the Arabs.
- Water-cress, sweet flag, flowering rush, several potamogetons, water milfoil, water ranunculus, and the reedy sweet watergrass (Glyceria aquatica) rank amongst the criteria of excellence.Advertisement
- Larger Winter-green (Pyrola Rotundifolia) - P. rotundifolia is a rare native plant, 6 to 12 inches high, inhabiting woods, shady, bushy, and reedy places.
- The southern part of the state includes the Everglades (qv.), a large area of low, flat, marshy land, overgrown with tall reedy grass, a veritable wilderness; thus giving Florida an unenvied first rank among the states in marsh area.
- Blanford, lions are still numerous in the reedy swamps, bordering the Tigris and Euphrates, and also occur on the west flanks of the Zagros mountains and the oak-clad ranges near Shiraz, to which they are attracted by the herds of swine which feed on the acorns.