Reed-beds sentence example
- As such in Crete she is called Antheia (" the flower-goddess "), at Athens Ev Kdirocs (" in the gardens "), and Ev KaKuocs (" in the reed-beds ") or Ev act (" in the marsh ") at Samos.
- The first begins beyond the mud-flats and reed-beds which line the water's edge, and is a vast monotonous lowland, sloping so gently as to seem almost level.
- The dense reed-beds (Naizar) skirting the Hamun, often several miles in width and composed of reeds 10 ft.
- damselfly by Tony Wilson About 20 blue damselflies hover around the stream at the Cokeham reed beds site.
- Swallows collect in their thousands to roost in the reed beds and are hunted by the elegant hobby falcon.Advertisement