Reduplication sentence example
- The arrangement is, however, modified by taking the mode of connection as the basis of the primary classification, and by removing the subject of connection by reduplication to the section of aggregate combinations.
- Derivation is effected by infixes, prefixes, affixes and reduplication.
- ,, E:, ,, , reduplication.
- Four-horned sheep are common in Iceland and the Hebrides; the small half-wild breed of Soa often showing this reduplication.
- In declarative sentences, verb reduplication is associated with aspect which is assumed to have a strong feature.Advertisement
- Examples of reduplication are - ajar-ajar, a sainted person; ajar-berajar (or belajar), to be learning and teaching by turns; similarly there are forms like ajar-mengajar, berajar-ajaran, ajar-ajari, memperajar, memperajarkan, memperajari, terbklajarkan, perbelajarkan, &c. Altogether there are upwards of a hundred possible derivative forms, in the idiomatic use of which the Malays exhibit much skill.
- The communication with the atrium is guarded by a valvula cardiaca dextra, which only in function represents the mammalian tricuspid; it consists of an oblique reduplication of the muscular fibres together with the endocardiac lining of the right ventricle, while the opposite wall is convex and forms neither a velum nor papillary muscles, nor chordae tendineae.
- Kop6Aos, signifying lizard and newt; with reduplication Kopcop?uXos, and by metathesis ultimately KpoKOSetXos.
- (b) The aorist formed by reduplication: as &Sae, taught; AEAas oOac, to seize.
- In some instances, however, the feet of such polydactyle horses bear little resemblance to those of the extinct Hipparion or Anchitherium, but look rather as if due to that tendency to reduplication of parts which occurs so frequently as a monstrous condition, especially among domesticated animals, and which, whatever its origin, certainly cannot in many instances, as the cases of entire limbs superadded, or of six digits in man, be attributed to reversion.Advertisement