Reductase sentence example
- It is interesting to note that individuals with a deficiency in 5 alpha reductase do not develop androgenetic alopecia.
- Azelaic acid was also shown to be a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha reductase.
- A variety of changes were identified that are common to HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, viz.
- Two of the compounds also led to a fourfold boost in production of a detoxifying enzyme called quinone reductase in mouse liver cells.
- Saw Palmetto inhibits the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which in turn reduces the amount of DHT produced.Advertisement
- More importantly the easily understandable rules provided insights which were directly comparable to the relevant literature concerning the binding site of dihydrofolate reductase.
- Other organisms can use fumarate reductase for ATP production by anaerobic respiration.
- Substrate binding to this site is thought to affect enzyme activity by altering the relative positions of the two subunits of ribonucleotide reductase.
- The new compound showed weak activity against aldose reductase.
- During the initial glutathione reductase reaction a hydride ion is transferred from the bound coenzyme NADPH to the flavin ring system of FAD.Advertisement
- Initial results suggest a shift in nitrite reductase diversity under the L. perenne and fallow treatments.
- In the male fetus, an enzyme, 5 alpha reductase, converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone.
- The second group, the 5-alpha reductase inhibitors carry out their work by blocking the production of the main hormone responsible for prostate enlargement.
- A good example of this, which will be discussed elsewhere on this site, is the intersex condition, five alpha reductase deficiency.
- Rosuvastatin accounts for greater than 90% of the circulating HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor activity.Advertisement
- Certain combinations of minerals, herbs and vitamins bind with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme to stop it converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone.