Redia sentence example
- C, A young redia, the digestive tract shaded.
- D, An adult redia, containing a daughter-redia, two almost mature cercariae, and germs. E, A free cercaria.
- p, Lips of redia; q, collar; r, processes serving as rudimentary feet; s, embryos; 1, trabecula crossing body-cavity of redia; u, glandular cells; v, birth-opening; w, w', morulae; y, oral sucker; y', ventral sucker; z, pharynx.
- The structure of a redia, however, is an advance on that of its parent.
- The movements and activity of the redia cause it to burst the wall of the sporocyst.Advertisement
- Exceptions such as these, and those described above involving miracidia containing fully developed redia is evidence of the evolutionary past of these organisms.
- c, Nearly ripe cercariae; cc, cystogenous cells; dr, daughter-redia; dt, limbs of the digestive tract; f, head-papilla; h, eye-spots; h', same degenerating; k', germinal cell; 1, cells of the anterior row; m, embryo in optical section, gastrula stage; n, pharynx of redia; o, digestive sac; oe, oesophagus.