Red-squirrels sentence example
- The map shows apparently strong populations of red squirrels in the large areas of mainly coniferous forest in the North East.
- Set in a beautiful oak copse divided between two parks amidst the shy red squirrels.
- The magnitude of threat to red squirrels is the threat from gray squirrel incursion.
- However, at this time last » year, we had four red squirrels foraging for beech nuts on our drive.
- Red Squirrels in South of Scotland Information about work protecting the endangered red squirrels in South of Scotland Information about work protecting the endangered red squirrel in Dumfries & Galloway and the Scottish Borders.Advertisement
- Report sheet Report all sick or dead red squirrels immediately.
- The woods are home to a range of wild animals, even including a few red squirrels.
- Lots of gardens and forest to explore, including some extremely tame red squirrels which are rather a novelty for us islanders.
- If red squirrels can be successfully translocated into these untapped habitats their status in Ireland may be assured.
- It was very exciting at that season to roam the then boundless chestnut woods of Lincoln--they now sleep their long sleep under the railroad--with a bag on my shoulder, and a stick to open burs with in my hand, for I did not always wait for the frost, amid the rustling of leaves and the loud reproofs of the red squirrels and the jays, whose half-consumed nuts I sometimes stole, for the burs which they had selected were sure to contain sound ones.Advertisement
- All day long the red squirrels came and went, and afforded me much entertainment by their manoeuvres.
- Target: No loss of red squirrels in existing key habitat.
- There are about 160,000 red squirrels left in the UK, compared with 2.5 million gray squirrels.
- There are red squirrels in the woods and buzzards are a frequent sight in the skies above.
- There may he a Siamese or white Persian kitten in the party or tame red squirrels scampering about.Advertisement
- Introduced gray squirrels, through the diseases they carry, have driven our native red squirrels into severe decline.