Red-precipitate sentence example
- With silver nitrate it gives an orange red precipitate of silver ferricyanide, Ag 3 Fe(NC)s.
- Normal chromates on the addition of silver nitrate give a red precipitate of silver chromate, easily soluble in ammonia, and with barium chloride a yellow precipitate of barium chromate, insoluble in acetic acid.
- 769) by acting with hydrogen peroxide on an alkaline solution of thallous sulphate at low temperatures, an initial red precipitate rapidly changing into a bluish-black compound.
- Cerium compounds may be recognized by the red precipitate of ceric hydroxide, which is formed when sodium hypochlorite is added to a colourless cerous salt.
- A characteristic reaction is the formation of a red precipitate of cuprous hydride, Cu 2 H 21 when heated with copper sulphate solution to 60°.Advertisement
- They give a characteristic pale red precipitate with sodium pyrophosphate, soluble in an excess of the precipitant; they also form precipitates on the addition of platinic chloride and potassium ferrocyanide.
- A characteristic reaction is the formation of a red precipitate of cuprous hydride, Cu 2 H 21 when heated with copper sulphate solution to 60Ã‚°.