Red-ochre sentence example
- Their produce has gradually decreased since the 17th century, and is now unimportant, but sulphate of copper, iron pyrites, and some gold, silver, sulphur and sulphuric acid, and red ochre are also produced.
- Yellow and red ochre mixed with grease are coarsely smeared over the bodies, grey in coarse patterns and white in fine patterns resembling tattoo marks.
- He stood high 3 "Reddle or Red Ochre from the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire is very little inferior to the Sort brought from the Island of Ormuz in the Persian Gulph and so much valued and used by our Painters under the name of Indian Red" (Sir John Hill, Theophrastus's History of Stones, London, 2774).
- The fabric is a marl clay ware decorated with red ochre paint.
- The design was pricked through from the traced plan onto the fresh bed, the pricked holes joined up using red ochre.Advertisement
- For blushing color, red ochre was ground and mixed with water to stain the lips and cheeks.