Red-line sentence example
- The great route was that which led from Venice over the Brenner and up the Rhine to Bruges; and this route became the long red line of municipal development, along which - in Lombardy, Germany and Flanders - the great towns of the middle ages sprang to life.
- The centre of the spots on the grapes becomes darker as the disease advances, and a red line appears dividing the dark brown border into an outer and an inner rim and giving a very characteristic appearance to the diseased plant.
- At one point on the plateau "the 27th (Inniskillings) were lying literally dead in square"; and the position that the British infantry held was plainly marked by the red line of dead and wounded they left behind them.
- Another difficulty, the concealment of the inner core of copper which was seen as a thin red line when a cut edge was exposed, was met about 1784 by George Cadman, who adopted the practice of soldering on an edging, generally ornamented, of solid silver so as to cover the junction, and the presence of this is one of the trustworthy tests by which genuine Sheffield plate may be recognized.
- The eastern boundary of this northern section of Baluchistan is the " red line " at the foot of the frontier hills, which defines the border of British India.Advertisement
- Lithium is detected by the faint yellow line of wave-length 6104, and the bright red line of wave-length 6708, shown in its flame spectrum.
- In Africa; the advance of the red line which marks the bounds of British dominion was even more rapid; while in India the Punjab, Sind, Oudh and Burma were some of the acquisitions added to the British empire while the queen was on the throne.
- The FPI observes the red line Aurora and airglow emission at 630nm wavelength.
- The red line is useful to show slice dropout.
- Decorated with unusual floral festoons hanging from a red line.Advertisement
- mastaba benches around its walls, and its white plastered walls have a red line around its circumference.
- The second method is to increase the arc of the shorter oar to achieve the same cord length illustrated by the red line.
- The courtyard is provided with mastaba benches around its walls, and its white plastered walls have a red line around its circumference.
- ss worts seemed to have a red line up their stems.
- There's plenty of low-down torque that pulls all the way to the 7500 red line.Advertisement
- The blue line shows the inner disk torque, the green line shows the outer disk torque, the red line the total torque.
- On close examination, the larger river Gla ss worts seemed to have a red line up their stems.
- While a nude lip provides the most versatility, some men decide on a permanent red line filled in with lip color to create a dramatic look.