Red-herrings sentence example
- At Peterborough Abbey, in 1530, Wolsey made "his maund in Our Lady's Chapel, having fifty-nine poor men whose feet he washed and kissed; and after he had wiped them he gave every of the said poor men twelve pence in money, three ells of good canvas to make them shirts, a pair of new shoes, a cast of red herrings and three white herrings."
- There are red herrings even in the Celtic afterworlds.
- This paper argues that in many instances British were chasing red herrings.
- Match them with the names given below, which include eight red herrings.
- The mystery unfolds at a languid pace, dropping a few red herrings along the way.Advertisement
- There is a distinct feeling the entire computer industry has been fed quite a few rather expensive red herrings over the years!
- There are many red herrings in these books, together with information that the reader just cannot get to.
- What follows are missing persons, missing money, and more red herrings than a well-stocked lake.
- unfolds at a languid pace, dropping a few red herrings along the way.
- There is a distinct feeling the entire computer industry has been fed quite a few rather expensive red herrings over the years !Advertisement
- Young and the Restless comings and goings can mean great storyline happenings and they can also be red herrings for returning characters with new faces.