Red herring sentence example
- This line of argument is a complete red herring.
- In such contexts, research into the safety issues becomes a red herring.
- The second point is the work permit business is a complete and total red herring.
- A red herring pulled across the trail could divert the hounds onto a false path.
- Every now and then you'll be thrown a red herring as well.Advertisement
- This just titillates the UFO believers and for the rest of us it hangs around like a rancid red herring.
- The industry 's campaign against 1% charge caps is a red herring in the debate about the savings gap.
- That 's the biggest red herring of all time.
- Herring: A red herring: A red herring is an alternative, somewhat old fashioned, name for a smoked herring.
- That's the biggest red herring of all time.Advertisement