Red-fox sentence example
- It took an instant for her eyes to adjust to the dim coop interior, and then she found herself staring into the desperate eyes of a red fox.
- The porcupine is common, but the Canada pine marten or American sable, fisher, and red fox are rare, and the black bear and grey wolf are found only in small numbers.
- Some are very similar to the pale red fox from the North-West of America and a few are exceptionally large.
- A red fox was stocking a cottontail.
- The red fox is widely distributed, and the white or Arctic fox is very common along the eastern coast of Bering Sea; a blue fox, once wild, is now domesticated on Kodiak and the Aleutians, and on the southern continental coast, and a black fox, very rare, occurs in south-eastern Alaska; the silver fox is very rare.Advertisement
- The red fox has the widest geographical range of any wild carnivore, thriving in habitats from woodland and desert to city center.
- The Jack Russell Terrier was used in the south of England in the 1800's to work in European red fox hunts.
- The huntsman standing in the hollow moved and loosed his borzois, and Nicholas saw a queer, short-legged red fox with a fine brush going hard across the field.