Red fir sentence example
- slope of the Cascades the red fir ceases to be the dominant tree, and between this elevation and the region of perpetual snow, on a few of the highest peaks, rise a succession of forest zones containing principally: (1) yellow pine, red and yellow fir, white fir and cedar; (2) lodgepole pine, white pine, Engelmann spruce and yew; (3) subalpine fir, lovely fir, noble fir, Mertens hemlock, Alaska cedar and tamarack; (4) white-bark pine, Patton hemlock, alpine larch and creeeping juniper.
- More than one-half of the product is yellow pine and the remainder is principally red fir and tamarack.
- The species of timber almost exclusively planted are the red fir (Picea excelsa) and the mountain pine (Pinus montana).
- The white silver fir (abies coucola) and the silver or red fir (ab.
- The principal trees, after the yellow and lodgepole pines, are the red-fir, so-called hemlock and cedar, the Engelmann spruce, the cottonwood and the aspen (Populus tremuloides).Advertisement
- There are small amounts of sugar pine, yellow pine, red fir and silver fir (Abies grandis and A.
- California Red Fir (Abies Magnifica) - A stately mountain tree of 200 to 250 feet, with brown bark (red within), and very large light purple cones, 6 to 8 inches long.