Red-faced sentence example
- Allin and a red-faced Lean waved him over.
- Carmen glanced back to see a red-faced Josh striding toward her, still tucking in his shirt.
- By the time Dean strolled by a few moments later, red-faced Fitzgerald was getting an ear full from a half dozen tourists and an elderly local, known for his unwavering opinions and surly disposition.
- When he came through the door, she grabbed the clipboard to her chest and stared at him, red-faced.
- Deidre was seated for a minute before a red-faced nun brought out a tray with a plate heaped with food and a coffee pot with creamer, sugars and mug.Advertisement
- Boat trip out onto Lake Mburo and brief (but successful) search for red-faced barbet before heading to Bwindi - arriving at dusk.
- Then, grunting with effort, they lunge furiously, colliding with resounding thwacks, red-faced and panting.
- militaris), toucans, trogons, herons, egrets, ibis, spoonbills, boat-bills (Cancroma), ducks, pelicans, cormorants, bitterns, stilts, sandpipers, curlews, grackles, kingfishers, motmots, " Chachalacas " (Ortalida poliocephala), woodpeckers, jays, cuckoos, " garrapateros " (Crotophaga sulcirostris), the ingenious weaver-bird (Icterus), and another species (Cassicus), whose curiously woven, sack-like nests are suspended from the slender limbs of trees, and sometimes even from telegraph-wires, scarlet-crested fly-catchers (Muscivora mexicana), tanagers, mocking-birds (called " zenzontl "), turkeys, partridge, quail (Colinus, Lophortyx, Callipepla and Cyrtonyx), doves, pigeons, eagles, caracara hawks (Polyborus), fishhawks, falcons, crows, and turkey-buzzards (both the red-faced " aura " of North America and the black-faced " zopilote " of the tropics), which are the scavengers of the country.
- Balaga was a fair-haired, short, and snub-nosed peasant of about twenty- seven; red-faced, with a particularly red thick neck, glittering little eyes, and a small beard.
- "Oh, she nearly knocked our gentleman's hat off!" cried the red-faced humorist, showing his teeth chaffing Pierre.Advertisement
- The red-faced man was still twitching, but they did not carry him away.
- Fetch some more wood! shouted a red-haired and red-faced man, screwing up his eyes and blinking because of the smoke but not moving back from the fire.
- You may take one look at the squalling, red-faced infant in your arms, and think to yourself, "What have I done?"
- Until then, it can be easier for an infant to seem constipated because he grunts and gets red-faced before a bowel movement.
- If you're ready to make a statement, a red faced watch is an interesting and fun alternative to the standard timepiece.Advertisement
- While something can always go wrong-- even Olympic swimmers have had their state-of-the-art, custom suits rip or slide at crucial moments -- there are some steps you can take to avoid a red-faced disaster.
- The Red faced Parrot finch is a little green finch with a red face and a very popular finch in a mixed collection.
- Many cooks have been red-faced because the bag containing the neck, giblets, and liver was not removed from the turkey prior to cooking.