Red-algae sentence example
- In this point and in their method of fertilization theLaboulbeniineae suggest a possible relationship of Ascomycetes and the Red Algae.
- Rhodophyceae, or Red Algae.
- There is evidence that the dividing wall of filamentous forms is deeply pitted, as is found to be the case in red algae.
- In a Volvox sphere, for with lime like Corallina among Red Algae.
- Some Red Algae find a home in the gelatinous substance of Flustra, Alcyonidium and other polyzoa, only emerging for the formation of the reproductive organs.Advertisement
- Like the Fungi, therefore, the Red Algae consist for the most part of branched filaments, even where the thallus appears massive to the eye, and, as in the case of Fungi, this fact is not inconsistent with a great variety of external morphology.
- The green plants (including both multicellular and unicellular green algae) and the red algae.
- Seaweed distribution, especially foliose red algae has also changed because light can no longer penetrate as far.
- Blood agar is usually made from the cell walls of red algae (also trypticase soy, heart infusion, or Todd-Hewitt agar) and sheep's blood.
- Agar-A gel made from red algae that is used to culture certain disease agents in the laboratory.Advertisement
- Look in particular for carrageenan and red algae.