Rectorial sentence example
- The scanty leisure of his first recess had been devoted to writing his St Andrews rectorial address on higher education and to answering attacks on his criticism of Hamilton; of the second, to annotating in conjunction with Bain and Findlater, his father's Analysis of the Mind.
- On the suppression of the monasteries the "great tithes" were often bestowed by the crown on laymen, who, as owning the rectorial tithes, were and are known as "lay rectors."
- In a vacancy in a rectorial benefice the Chairman shall be a Vicar of that benefice designated by the Area Dean.
- The rectorial glebe, belonging to Wadham College, comprises about 60A.
- The rectorial tithes of the parish, then valued at £ 8 12s.Advertisement
- In 1882 he was elected lord rector of the university of Glasgow, and Dr Dale wrote of his rectorial address: "It was not the old Bright."