Rectifiers sentence example
- Pierce, The Physical Review, July 1907, March 1909, on crystal rectifiers for electric oscillations.
- mercury arc rectifiers were used to convert the incoming 415 volt AC into 220 volts DC.
- These were the ones that had mercury arc rectifiers.
- Mercury arc rectifiers have now been made totally obsolete by semiconductors, although there are a few still in service in old installations.
- Top center are the small rectifiers to supply the field current.Advertisement
- The six silicon rectifiers face inwards to ensure efficient cooling without risk of terminal contamination.
- In addition to the above gaseous rectifiers of oscillations it has been found that several crystals, such as carborundum (carbide of silicon), hessite, anastase and many others possess a unilateral conductivity and enable us to rectify trains of oscillations into continuous currents which can affect a telephone.