Reconcilable sentence example
- It seems a most strange delusion and not reconcilable with our superstition that man is a reasoning being.
- The forms are now easier to complete; they mirror the monitoring forms and are more easily reconcilable to the annual accounts.
- But that view, it seems to the writer, is scarcely reconcilable with the facts.
- The possible dating of such a transition is perfectly reconcilable with ' Nennius ' dates.
- But Terry Eagleton makes a remark on contemporary theory that is hardly reconcilable to what Jameson says here.Advertisement
- To defend it on the ground that it created and stimulated the national consciousness is hardly reconcilable with the historic remark of the voter who voted against Aristides because he wished to hear no more of his incorruptible integrity; moreover in democratic Athens the "national consciousness" was, if anything, too frequently stimulated in the ordinary course of government.
- Ladd (q.v.) also believes in " a larger all-inclusive self," and goes so far as the paradox that perfect personality is only reconcilable with one infinite being.
- When William Harvey by his discovery of the circulation furnished an explanation of many vital processes which was reconcilable with the ordinary laws of mechanics, the efforts of medical theorists were naturally directed to bringing all the departments of medicine under similar laws.
- = -dQ+1dg2, and integrating round a closed curve (udx+vdy+wdz) =0, and the circulation in any circuit composed of the same fluid particles is constant; and if the motion is differential irrotational and due to a velocity function, the circulation is zero round all reconcilable paths.
- Nor is his theory of the weight essential to atoms as being due to an inner force impelling them to motion in any way reconcilable with his general doctrine of mechanical causes.Advertisement
- (3) That to such a trial it was essential that the government should be so constructed as to give it all the energy and the stability reconcilable with the principles of that theory."