Recommence sentence example
- Then the large cells recommence the process of division and sink into the hollow of the sphere, leaving an elongated groove, the blastopore, on the surface.
- The action continued till about II P.M., when it died out, to recommence shortly after dawn.
- Under the name of moderates they demanded an end to this war which England continued and Austria threatened to recommence, and that the Directory from selfinterested motives refused to conclude; they desired the abandonment of revolutionary proceedings, order in finance and religious peace.
- To find how much greater, we compare two series, in one of which we go up to 9, while in the other we stop at 4 and then recommence our counting.
- With the decay of the Seleucid power, weakened by Rome and Parthia, the old influx from the desert would recommence, and an Arabic element begin to show.Advertisement
- Courtenay dared not recommence them, and Lancaster ruled as he pleased till his father, five months later, died.
- The bureaucracy, the minor, landholders, the towns, and the clergy refused to join in the rising, and lent their aid for its suppression, because they were unwilling to see anarchy recommence.
- This high figure includes ' dormant ' sites on which mineral working may not recommence without the prior approval of new planning conditions.
- Rawlinson captured a laager and guns at Klerksdorp, and, though neither De Wet nor De la Rey had been brought to book, matters had so far improved in May that municipal government was given to Johannesburg, and a certain number of mines were allowed to recommence working.
- In order to avoid troublesome computations, which it would be necessary to recommence for every year, and of which the results differ only by a few days, chronologers generally regard the 1st of July as the commencement of the Olympic year.Advertisement