Reckonings sentence example
- (ii.) A nearer attempt to date at least the chronology of St Paul's earlier years as a Christian could be made by the help of the Galatian Epistle if we could be sure from what point and to what point its reckonings are made.
- Thus these three different reckonings agree closely, but all equally depend on the Greek and Roman standards, which are not well fixed.
- 57, 58) comments, the whole war was yet more remarkable for the large entrance of the barbarian element into the Athenian reckonings.
- His reckonings by Olympiads are generally wrong, the error arising chiefly from carelessness.
- Also he gives two different reckonings of the segmentation, counting first eleven body segments without the caudal furca (p. 40), and then the caudal furca as itself the eleventh segment (p. 41).Advertisement
- The predominance of the Anglo-Burgundians in France having made it impossible for him to stay there, he went to Avignon to end his days in melancholy calculations arising from the calamities of which he had been the witness, and the astrological reckonings, in which he found pleasure, of the chances for and against the world coming to an end in the near future.