Rechristened sentence example
- Its tribal deity, the god of the mountain, the Puy de Dome, rechristened in Roman phrase Mercurius Dumias, was famous far beyond its territory.
- They were rechristened Destiny's Child in 1993, and after touring and building up a following, the group released their debut album on Columbia Records in 1997.
- They rechristened themselves as Paramore, a name taken from the maiden name of a friend's mom, and started hitting the regional touring circuit.
- At Innsbruck she openly joined the Catholic Church, and was rechristened Alexandra.
- The public parks and gardens are numerous and include the Botanical Garden with its famous avenue of royal palms (Oreodoxa regia); the Passeio Publico (dating from 1783), a small garden on the water-front facing the harbour entrance; the Jardim d'Acclamacao, forming part of the Praca da Republica (once known as the Campo de Sant' Anna) with its artistic walks and masses of shrubbery; the Praca Tiradentes (the old Largo do Rocio, afterwards rechristened Praca da Constituicao) with its magnificent equestrian statue of Dom Pedro I.Advertisement
- Next summer the " Phoca " (rechristened the " Suvorin ") reached Hooker I., Franz Josef Land.
- The situation was regulated by the reception of Martha into the Orthodox Church, when she was rechristened under the name of Catherine Alekseyevna, the tsarevich Alexius being her godfather, by the bestowal upon her of the title Gosudaruinya or sovereign (1710), and, finally (17 i i), by her public marriage to the tsar, who divorced the tsaritsa Eudoxia to make room for her.
- It was occupied for a while by the emperor Frederick III., and was rechristened by him "Friedrichskron."
- The French fort was rechristened Fort Edward Augustus.
- His superiors rechristened him Vitalis (after a member of the legendary Theban legion) because they found a difficulty in pronouncing his baptismal name.Advertisement
- Starr rechristened the group New Kids on the Block and accepted Columbia's offer.