Recherche sentence example
- Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time The performance A la recherche du temps perdu takes the code literally.
- His Recherche de la verite, in 1674, was the baptism of the system into a theistic religion which borrowed its imagery from Augustine; it brought into prominence the metaphysical base which Louis Delaforge, Jacques Rohault and Regis had neither cared for nor understood.
- Maillard in his These, Recherche des caracteristiques des systemes elementaires des courbes planes du troisieme ordre (Paris, 1871).
- Proust 's A la recherche du temps perdu published.
- His writings against Malebranche were collected under the title Dissertations sur la recherche de la verite, 1693.Advertisement
- But there is no mention of Malebranche, whose Recherche de la verite had appeared three years before, nor of Arnauld, the illustrious rival of Malebranche.
- Malebranche was from that hour consecrated to philosophy, and after ten years' study of the works of Descartes he produced the famous De la recherche de la verite, followed at intervals by other works, both speculative and controversial.