Recamier sentence example
- Mathieu de Montmorency and Mme Recamier were exiled for the crime of seeing her; and she at last began to think of doing what she ought to have done years before and withdrawing herself entirely from Napoleon's sphere.
- His pictures are magnificent in their composition and their draughtsmanship; and his keen observation and insight into character are evident, especially in his portraits, notably of Madame Recamier, of the Conventional Gerard and of Boissy d'Anglas.
- Attracted by Madame Recamier, he soon returned, and after an interview with Napoleon on the 10th of April, he became a supporter of his government and drew up the Acte constitutionnel.
- Constant's political career was spoiled by his liaison with Madame de Stael, and at the Restoration was further disturbed by his unreturned passion for Madame Recamier.
- Melegari in 1895; the semi-autobiographical Adolphe; his letters to Madame de Charriere; to Madame Recamier, edited by Madame Lenormant in 1882.Advertisement
- He devoted himself to an examination of the nature of society and his work brought him into connexion with the literary circle of Chateaubriand and Madame Recamier.
- At this point began the second great attachment of his life, his unfortunate infatuation for Madame Recamier, under whose influence he committed the worst blunder of his political career.
- Herriot, Madame de Recamier et ses amis (1904); Sainte-Beuve in Derniers portraits litteraires (B.