Rebutted sentence example
- It was a miserable libel and was at once rebutted by Goodyear.
- He also rebutted the notion that existing policies relating to terror alerts ought to come under review.
- These presumptions may be rebutted by evidence to the contrary.
- Later Egypt totally rebutted these claims - Israel 's jets had been foiled, a military spokesman said.
- Bunting rebutted the charges of ' white chauvinism ' spread by his factional opponent La Guma point by point.Advertisement
- Some US allegations rebutted Low priced imports into the US have been dumped.
- Turning to the poor state of repairs the evidence of Miss Grimshaw is minimal and was effectively rebutted in cross-examination.
- This presumption can be rebutted by proof that the paying party has acted unreasonably.
- Hence the charge that Anabaptists were enemies of learning, which is sufficiently rebutted by the fact that the first German translation of the Hebrew prophets was made and printed by two of them, Hetzer and Denk, in 1527.
- In 1793 he published a treatise, The Calvinistic and Socinian systems examined and compared as to their moral tendency, in which he rebutted the accusation of antinomianism levelled by the Socinians against those who over-emphasized the doctrines of free grace.Advertisement