Rebuking sentence example
- In those days it was by no means unusual to hear the parson publicly rebuking offenders - even calling them by name.
- It was necessary for the organization to put someone in charge of rebuking those who did not follow their ordinances.
- In rebuking it James unconsciously retracts the misapplied Pauline principle itself.
- The incident of Jesus rebuking the man who called him good is a case in point.
- The babysitter wanted to avoid rebuking the kids, but it was necessary when they continued to be disobedient.Advertisement
- It was rare to see a parent rebuking their children in the tight-knit community; instead they were constantly encouraging their children.
- The great bishop St Nicetius (528-566), who was banished for rebuking the vices of king Clotaire I.
- His enemies accused him before a synod of French bishops (602) for keeping Easter according to the old British and now unorthodox way, and a more powerful conspiracy was organized against him at the court of Burgundy for boldly rebuking the crimes of King Theuderich II.
- In the latter city his courage in rebuking the wife of Bentivoglio, the reigning lord, for interrupting divine service by her noisy entrance nearly cost him his life.
- The severe Wilson, while rebuking her gaieties, allows that she was "a good woman," and that her character would stand the most prying investigation.Advertisement
- As part of the university's early childhood research, there will be a study on the effectiveness of rebuking as a disciplinary action.