Realise sentence example
- Here the attempt was made to realise Matthisson's ideals.
- He cannot hope to realise his political dreams unless he becomes a better public speaker.
- She didn't realise the taxi driver was drunk until it was too late; she was lucky to survive the crash.
- Our task is not to realise correspondence with something other than thought, Logic, Eng.
- 40,000 men, with the statements in the prose of Numbers as to 600,000 men and more, we at once realise how much closer to actual facts we are brought by early poetry than by the later prose of writers like P. Perhaps it is in chap. xxxi.Advertisement
- Since Ultramontanism cannot hope to realise its political ambitions unless it succeeds in controlling the intellectual and religious life of Catholic Christendom, it attempts to extend its sphere of influence in all directions over culture, science, education, literature and the forms taken by devotion.
- We may easily realise its transmission through a solid by putting the ear against a table and scratching the wood at some distance, and through a liquid by keeping both ears under water in a bath and tapping the side of the bath.