Reactance sentence example
- Each of the elements has a variable reactance which must be altered to produce the desired performance.
- However, there is enough capacitive reactance to cause a significant phase shift in the current that flows through the load.
- It also has a small inductive reactance, of about 11 ohms.
- Stubs are shorted or open circuit lengths of transmission line which produce a pure reactance at the attachment point.
- One often sees short monopoles with a coil at the foot, to provide inductive tuning for this capacitative reactance.Advertisement
- At this frequency a parallel resonant circuit is formed between the primary inductance and the net capacitive reactance reflected back from the secondary.
- The capacitive reactance Xc becomes very large and the inductive reactance XL becomes insignificant.
- This radiation reactance needs to be tuned out, to get power transfer from the generator to the radiated field.
- State the reactance of a capacitor and the phase relationship between p.d. and current.
- This causes the inductive reactance of the matching circuit to become dominant as the frequency increases.Advertisement
- Nature of problem: A standard format for the storage of reactance matrices is proposed.
- A measure of this resistance to current flow is given by the capacitative reactance Xc which has units of Ohms.
- The capacitive reactance Xc becomes very large and the inductive reactance Xl becomes insignificant.
- Also the surface reactance X s is to a good approximation proportional to f.