Reabsorbed sentence example
- Its origin is obscure, but in 741 it was sufficiently important for St Boniface to found a bishopric here, which was, however, after the martyrdom of the first bishop, Adolar, in 755, reabsorbed in that of Mainz.
- The pseudodeltidium is sometimes reabsorbed in the adult.
- reabsorbed progressively in the purchase of the national domains, this paper-money can never become redundant."
- The medication works by keeping serotonin from being reabsorbed back into a signal-sending cell.
- With small subdural hematomas, the blood may slowly be reabsorbed over several weeks without much damage.Advertisement
- The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.
- In most cases, however, the pieces of calcium are reabsorbed by the body during the recovery process.
- Meckel's diverticulum-A congenital abnormality of the digestive tract consisting of a small pouch off the wall of the small bowel that was not reabsorbed before birth.
- If all goes well, the pregnancy tissue will be reabsorbed into the woman's body.
- If it does not contact sperm, either from intercourse that happened before ovulation or in the 12-24 hours after ovulation, it will die and be reabsorbed into the uterine lining.Advertisement
- SSRIs work by preventing serotonin from being reabsorbed back into the nerve cells in the brain.
- Cushny has shown experimentally that slowing of the blood-flow through renal tissue causes less sodium chloride to appear in the urine while the excretion of urea and sulphates remains unaffected; apparently the chloride, being more permeable, is reabsorbed and so only appears to be excreted in less quantity.