Razing sentence example
- Demons slaughtered humans and Immortals alike, razing the mortal world.
- They'd figure the poor kid would get all kinds of razing in school and all.
- These were: the cession to Turkey of Azov with all its guns and munitions, the razing of all the forts recently built on the frontier by Russia, the renunciation by the tsar of all claim to interfere with the Tatars under the dominion of the Crimea or Poland, or to maintain a representative at Constantinople, and Russia's consent to Charles's return to Sweden.'
- He was never crowned at Babylon, which was in a perpetual state of revolt until, in 691 B.C., he shocked the religious and political conscience of Asia by razing the holy city of Babylon to the ground.
- It involves details of "wrinkling" and "razing," if done by hand-work in copper.Advertisement
- These flutes have to be obliterated by another series of hammerings termed razing.
- Partly razing the constructions of his predecessors, he erected a terrace of unbaked bricks, some 40 ft.
- Its terms were: the creation of an autonomous tributary 3' principality of Bulgaria extending from the Black Sea to the Aegean; the recognition by Turkey of the independence of Rumania, Servia and Montenegro, with increased territories; the payment of a war indemnity; the introduction of reforms in Bosnia and Herzegovina; the cession to Russia of Bessarabia and the Dobruja; the opening of the passage of the straits at all times to the merchant vessels of neutral states; and the razing of the fortresses on the Danube.
- Early on they dismissed the idea of razing the original house and starting afresh.
- The Thai response was to sack Vientiane in 1827, razing most of the city.Advertisement
- Hurricane Ivan ripped through Granada, killing 29 and razing much of the small island.
- This razing of the city followed the conquest in 1533 when the Spanish managed, quite literally, to walk in and take over.
- It was not an isolated case: the Americans had authorized the razing of villages throughout the province.