Rayed sentence example
- Its plumage for the most part is of a pale buff colour, rayed and speckled with black and reddish brown.
- The badge is a red rayed cross with gold rays in the angles, in the centre a representation of the pillars of Hercules; the cross is attached to the yellow and white ribbon by a green laurel wreath.
- The numerous stamens surround the ovary, which is composed of 4 to 16 carpels and is surmounted by a flat or convex rayed disk bearing the stigmas.
- In many localities, especially in Imbabura, pottery and various objects are found belonging to the pre-Colombian period, among which five and six rayed stars (casse-tetes) are very numerous.
- Papuan weapons are the bow and arrow (in the Fly River region, the north and north-east coasts); a beheading knife of a sharp segment of bamboo; a shafted stone club - rayed, disk shaped or ball-headed (in use all over the island); spears of various forms, pointed and barbed; the spear-thrower (on the Finsch coast); and hardwood clubs and shields, widely differing in pattern and ornamentation with the district of their manufacture.Advertisement
- They took armfuls of blood, a biopsy of my lip, I was irradiated, X rayed, warmed up and cooled down.
- The tattered cloak of the beggar will bear him up like the rayed plumes of the angels.
- If the child fails to use the arm after 15 minutes, the elbow should be x rayed to determine if it was fractured.
- In addition, the child's spine should be x rayed in order to measure the extent of scoliosis or kyphosis.
- The contrast liquid can be swallowed or injected, depending on the part of the body being x rayed.Advertisement
- The x ray technologist positions the patient appropriately, so that the part of the body to be x rayed will be between the x-ray beam and the film plate.
- Body parts not being x rayed should be shielded with a lead apron, especially the testes, ovaries, and thyroid.