Ravished sentence example
- He was henceforth ravished by the splendour of the cosmos.
- The city will be taken, the horses plundered, the women ravished.
- This ravished the heart of David with an inexpressible affection.
- After the South East Asian country was ravished by the Vietnam War, the Nguyen family moved the United States, landing in Houston, Texas.
- On the summit of a fire-girt hill Sigurd found the Valkyrie Brunhild in an enchanted sleep, and ravished by her beauty awakened her; they plighted their troth to each other and, next morning, Sigurd left her to set out once more on his journey.Advertisement
- For a generation nursed in decadent scholasticism and stereotyped theological formulae it was the fountain of renascent youth, beauty and freedom, the shape in which the Helen of art and poetry appeared to the ravished eyes of medieval Faustus.