Ravi sentence example
- by the river Ravi, on the S.E.
- It lies in the Rechna Doab between the Chenab and Ravi rivers in the north-east of the Jhang district, and is designed to include an irrigated area of 21 million acres.
- below the surface; while towards the Ravi wells are less than 20 ft.
- Surya Ravi Mudra is practiced by touching the tips of the ring finger and the thumb together.
- In 1971, he planned The Concert for Bangladesh, a large-scale benefit effort featuring performers as diverse as Ravi Shankar and Eric Clapton.Advertisement
- By the terms of peace then dictated the infant son of Ranjit, Dhuleep Singh, was recognized as raja; the Jullundur Doab, or tract between the Sutlej and the Ravi, was annexed; the Sikh army was limited to a specified number; Major Henry Lawrence was appointed to be resident at Lahore; and a British force was detailed to garrison the Punjab for a period of eight years.
- The only stream passing through the district is the Kirni or Saki, which takes its rise in a marsh in the Gurdaspur district, and after traversing part of the district empties itself into the Ravi.
- After crossing the Hydra - 6 tes (Ravi) he once more came into contact with hostile tribes, and the work of storming petty towns began again.
- Crossing the Hydaspes (Jhelum) he defeated Porus in a great battle, and crossing the Acesines (Chenab) near the foot of the hills and the Hydraotes (Ravi), reached the Hyphasis (Beas).
- Ravi is a keen sportsman who enjoys athletics and playing badminton and tennis and he still holds a public schools record for the 200m.Advertisement
- Ravi's Tailor: With customers ranging from business leaders and diplomats to professionals and civil servants, this company is guaranteed to provide top-notch services when it comes to custom dress shirts and suits.