Rattlesnakes sentence example
- In the eastern portion of the Coastal Plain Region are the cotton rat, rice-field rat, marsh rabbit, big-eared bat, brown pelican, swallow-tailed kite, black vulture and some rattlesnakes and cotton-mouth moccasin snakes, all of which are common farther south; and there are some turtles and terrapins, and many geese, swans, ducks, and other water-fowl.
- Rattlesnakes and copperheads were formerly common in the south.
- So far as is known, however, only the large spiders belonging to this group possess this special means of defence, and in many other species this is accompanied by highly-developed stridulating organs resembling those of rattlesnakes and scorpions in function.
- Every bayou contains alligators; and reptiles of various species, such as turtles, lizards, horned toads, rattlesnakes and moccasins are abundant.
- They will also feed on reptiles, quite often snakes, including rattlesnakes.Advertisement
- The perfect place for rattlesnakes — and the warm late March sun would bring them out today.
- Alligators inhabit the southern river-bottoms, and there are some rattlesnakes on the uplands.
- Copperhead snakes and rattlesnakes are occasionally seen, and there are several species of harmless serpents.
- Rattlesnakes, copperheads, and cottonmouths (also called water moccasins) are pit vipers.
- 4 Also there are clans like the American Apaches and Navahos who will neither kill nor eat rattlesnakes for purely " superstitious " reasons.Advertisement
- Rattlesnakes, owls and weasels are commonly found in the burrows; but their presence is no indication of the existence of a kind of "happy family" arrangement, the snakes, at any rate, preying on the young marmots.
- Rattlesnakes and moccasins, or cottonmouths, both venomous, are occasionally seen.
- The perfect place for rattlesnakes â€” and the warm late March sun would bring them out today.