Raths sentence example
- In various places throughout the county may be seen the ruins of several ancient castles, Danish raths or encampments, and tumuli, in the last of which urns and stone coffins have sometimes been found.
- There are numerous raths or encampments in the vicinity and other remains.
- Here they dwell in the "raths," old earth-forts, or earthen bases of later palisaded dwellings of the Norman period, and in the subterranean houses, common also in Scotland.
- The Jan are now a subterranean commonwealth, now they reside in ruinous places, like the fairies in the Irish raths.
- Around the dins and raths, where the corn land was the fixed property of the lord, the cultivation was better.Advertisement
- The remains of prehistoric cairns, ancient raths, souterrains and medieval mottes are all visible across the landscape.