Rasps sentence example
- The tip of the proboscis is armed with a complicated series of chitinous teeth and rasps, by means of which the fly is enabled to pierce the skin of its victim; as usual in Diptera the organ is closed on the upper side by the labrum, or upper lip, and contains the hypopharynx or common outlet of the paired salivary glands, which are situated in the abdomen.
- Mineral, vegetable and animal substances, by means of tools and apparatus of stone, wood and bone - tools for cutting, or edged tools; tools for abrading and smoothing the surfaces of substances, like planes, rasps and sandpaper; tools for striking, that is, pounding for the sake of pounding, or for crushing and fracturing violently; perforating tools; devices for grasping and holding firmly.
- Rasps of conical form (45), made of a sheet of bronze punched and coiled round, were common in the XVI1Ith Dynasty, apparently as personal objects, possibly used for rasping dried bread.
- Methane, Mr Macclesfield's own super hero who can supply tuneful rectal rasps at will.
- Methane, Mr Macclesfield 's own super hero who can supply tuneful rectal rasps at will.Advertisement