Raptures sentence example
- The delights of love are made to stand for the raptures of union with the divine, the tavern symbolizes an oratory, and intoxication is the bewilderment of sense before the surpassing vision.
- The ordinary Hebrew nabhi' still remained not the reflective visionary, stirred at times by music into strange raptures (2 Kings iii.
- I said so even at the time when everybody was in raptures about him, when he had just returned from abroad, and when, if you remember, he posed as a sort of Marat at one of my soirees.
- The glaciers and the rocks called forth no raptures.
- Fiery patriots like Hypereides were in raptures.Advertisement
- Their unique blend of voices in unaccompanied singing was received with raptures of delight by the folk fans and music critics alike.
- His earliest sermon before the king at Whitehall carried his audience "to heaven, in holy raptures."
- ardoursweet is the nectar of the tears shed by love, when that nectar is relished amidst the raptures of mutual ardor!
- raptures about the rescue and said " I give you my blessing for your brave actions.
- But we cannot always expect raptures and high elevations; it is some fruit if it maketh you fall to prayer and holy complaints.Advertisement
- raptures of delight by the folk fans and music critics alike.
- Upon reaching land, the Pope went into raptures about the rescue and said I give you my blessing for your brave actions.