Raps sentence example
- The earliest communications were carried on by means of "raps," or, as Sir William Crookes calls them, "percussive sounds."
- Joseph Maxwell, of Bordeaux, has published accounts 8 of raps and movements of objects without contact, witnessed with private and other mediums, which he appears to have observed with care, though he does not describe the conditions sufficiently for others to form any independent judgment about them.
- Between Fort Monroe and Sewell's Point is Fort Wool, almost covering a small island called Rip Raps.
- The entrance from Chesapeake Bay is defended by Fortress Monroe on Old Point Comfort and by Fort Wood on a small island called the Rip Raps near the middle of the channel; and at Portsmouth, a few miles up the Elizabeth river, is, an important United States navy-yard.
- During the scene, Eminem raps the lyrics: Come here little kiddie, on my lap.Advertisement
- He's taken to performing raps in the style of Norman Wisdom.
- At shoulder height on the door was set a brass knocker which Andrews operated with short, sharp raps.
- For example Raps in 1893 described an automatic arrangement to be used in connexion with a Tdpler pump; whilst in 1893 Schulze-Berge devised a rotary form.
- He 's taken to performing raps in the style of Norman Wisdom.
- This phenomenon is reported quite often in the form of disembodied voices, slamming doors, phantom footfalls, knocks or raps and other inexplicable sounds.Advertisement
- After hearing a Beastie Boys album, Eminem began writing raps and started performing on Detroit's highly competitive battle rap scene at the age of 14.
- On the album, Eminem raps about going to dispose of his wife's body with his daughter and urges a character in another song to murder his girlfriend and the person she is cheating with.
- Despite the violent, arrogant raps Wallace placed on his tracks, his background music often sounded sweet, as if from a different era such as the 1960s or early 1970s.
- It was agreed that one rap should mean "no" and three "yes," while more complicated messages were - and are - obtained in other ways, such as calling over or pointing to letters of the alphabet, when raps occur at the required letters.
- For instance, it is not very uncommon to find persons who can make loud sounds by partially dislocating and restoring the toe, knee, or other joints, and some experiments made with the Fox girls in 1851 supported the view that they made raps by this method.Advertisement
- The styles also vary from hardcore battle raps, to hippy raps to comedy style raps and to be honest a lot of shit.
- Eminem's relationship with high school girlfriend Kim Scott has been much publicized, especially since she has been the target of many of his most violent raps.
- The earliest of these phenomena were the raps already spoken of and other sounds occurring without apparent physical cause, and the similarly mysterious movements of furniture and other objects; and these were shortly followed by the ringing of bells and playing of musical instruments.