Rapier sentence example
- The elegant rapier was used in preference to the older, clumsier cutting swords.
- And what does this sharp rapier of light represent, as a picture?
- The rapier (63) or lengthened dagger is rarely found, and is prisbably of prehistoric Greek origin.
- This was, once again, treated like rapier wit.
- Lecturer makes rapier points about constitutional discrepancies, Solid wants to bludgeon us with street morality; some points I even agree with.Advertisement
- He carries a rapier, the sword of a gentleman and again, even has a spare in the background of the image.
- Mine comes from Wagner & Hand's reliance on 16th-century Italian rapier and dagger sources for their footwork.
- Fencing as an exercise based on speed and skill began when the longer, lighter rapier was developed in Italy during the 16th century.
- The fencer who demanded a contest according to the rules of fencing was the French army; his opponent who threw away the rapier and snatched up the cudgel was the Russian people; those who try to explain the matter according to the rules of fencing are the historians who have described the event.
- Mine comes from Wagner & Hand 's reliance on 16th-century Italian rapier and dagger sources for their footwork.Advertisement
- Contrary to popular belief, rapier combat was not a gentleman 's affair.
- His logic, while never obtruded, was rarely at fault; but lie loved the flash of the rapier, and was never happier than when he had to face down a mob and utterly foil it by sheer superiority in fencing.