Ranunculaceous sentence example
- Charming every early blooming dwarf ranunculaceous herbs.
- Free-growing but rather weedy ranunculaceous plants, in many cases having elegantly cut foliage.
- Showy ranunculaceous plants, of free growth, flowering about May and June.
- Four species of Dewalquea, a ranunculaceous genus allied to the hellebore, make their appearance in the Upper Senonian of Westphalia, other species occurring at Aix-la-Chapelle in deposits of about the same age.
- Among the flowering plants are Dewalquea, a ranunculaceous genus already mentioned as occurring in the Upper Cretaceous, and numerous living genera of forest-trees, such as occur throughout the Tertiary period, and are readily comparable with living forms. Saporta has described about seventy Dicotyledons, most of which are peculiar to this locality.Advertisement