Ranters sentence example
- Such teaching necessarily brought Fox and his friends into conflict with all the religious bodies of England, and they were continually engaged in strife with the Presbyterians, Independents, Baptists, Episcopalians and the wilder sectaries, such as the Ranters and the Muggletonians.
- RANTERS, an antinomian and spiritualistic English sect in the time of the Commonwealth, who may be described as the dregs of the Seeker movement.
- The Ranters came into contact and even rivalry with the early Quakers, who were often unjustly associated with them.
- In February 1638 the Covenant, practically a " band " of the whole country, enforced on reluctant signers, was ranters The.
- A new Cortes was collected and proved a mere collection of hysterical ranters.Advertisement
- Now, with things looking ever more dicey on the global front, there seem to be ever more ranters prepared to suspend reality.
- Samuel Fisher, a Friend, writing in 1653, gives a calm and instructive account of the Ranters, which with other relevant information, including Richard Baxter's rather hysterical attack, may be read in Rufus M.