Ransack sentence example
- They'll ransack that castle, he remarked with evident approval.
- I guess he thinks I'm going to ransack his wallet or something.
- You ransack your closet looking for something to wear, and it just doesn't appear!
- Xander was wearing the necklace, or she'd retreat to the apartment and ransack it on her way out.
- I ransack the entire house from top to bottom.Advertisement
- The lack of accurate knowledge regarding the past of the Chinese Empire may possibly some day be supplied, as European scholars become more able to explore the unstudied stores in the great Chinese libraries, or as Chinese students ransack the records of their country for the facts of earlier periods.
- You gave your low-life friends my name and address so they could ransack my house and maybe kill someone who got in their way?
- You ransack your budget of historic facts much as you would hunt for a bit of silk in a rag-bag.
- I guess i'll have to ransack the office 's cookie jar again.
- When it looked as if his troops were going to ransack the city of York and its Minster, Fairfax managed to stop them.Advertisement
- No doubt large numbers are devoured by insectivorous birds, mammals and reptiles, but the mortality due to them and other foes sinks into insignificance beside that caused by the persecution of hymenopterous insects of the families Ichneumonidae and Pompilidae, especially of the latter, many species of which systematically ransack the country for spiders wherewith to feed their young in the breeding season.