Rani sentence example
- News now arrived that the rebel army under Tantia Topi and the rani of Jhansi had attacked Sindhia, whose troops had gone over to the rebels and delivered Gwalior into their hands.
- Together with the Rani of Jhansi he was besieged by Sir Hugh Rose in the Jhansi fort, but escaped and collected a force of 20,000 men which Sir Hugh defeated without relaxing the siege.
- A college, founded by government in 1853, was made over in 1888 to a local committee, being mainly supported by the munificence of the rani Svarnamayi.
- During the mutiny of 1857, however, many of the chiefs rose against the British, the rani of Jhansi being a notable example.
- The principal works intended to form portions of the history, and either published by himself or left in manuscript, are Historia Ventorum, Historia Vitae et Mortis, Historia Densi et Rani, and the extensive collection of facts and observations entitled Sylva Sylvarum.Advertisement
- The rani of Jhansi also rose in rebellion, to become known as "the best man upon the side of the enemy."
- Award nominated actress and writer, Rani Moorthy, has been commissioned to create Handful of Henna based on this research.