Ran-by sentence example
- A shorter route, brit more fitted for mule traffic, though Horace drove along part of it,2 ran by Aequum Tuticum, Aecae, Herdoniae, Canusium, Barium, and Gnatia (Strabo vi.
- from Rome, and ran by Amiternum to the Adriatic coast, passing probably by Hadria.
- A third, known afterwards to the English as Watling Street, ran by St Albans Wall near Lichfield (Letocetum), to Wroxeter and Chester.
- But the main line between the Posina and the Astico, which ran by Monte Maggio (5,730ft.), Monte Toraro (6,1.75 ft.), Campomolon (6,030 ft.) and Spitz Tonezza (5,512 ft.), was not satisfactory for defensive purposes.
- worsted mill, ran by the Townend Brothers, had been established on the western side of Halifax Road.Advertisement
- By 1852 a worsted mill, ran by the Townend Brothers, had been established on the western side of Halifax Road.