Ramming sentence example
- It is further said that in some cases at least the English vessels were "bearded," that is to say, strengthened by iron bands across the bows for ramming, and that they sank many of the French.
- In starting the furnace, the bottom is prepared by ramming it with charcoal-powder that has been soaked in milk of lime and dried, so that each particle is coated with a film of lime, which serves to reduce the loss of current by conduction through the lining when the furnace becomes hot.
- The only way to win is by using tactics such as drifting, ramming, hitting extra-time cars, and taking shortcuts.
- They must be cemented in place side to side through the wall and ramming cement mix to fill around and above them.
- The greater the depth of submergence the less the disturbance made by the submarine on the surface of the water, and the greater the immunity from gun-fire, ramming, etc.; also in a sea-way the deeper the submarine the more readily is it con trolled.Advertisement
- Have you noticed Lassie missing the dog door altogether and ramming his head into the kitchen cabinet instead?