Rambouillet sentence example
- m.), of Rambouillet, of Villers-Cotterets, &c. The Forest of Orleans, the largest in France, covers about 145 sq.
- Her early years were clouded by the execution of the duc de Montmorency, her mother's only brother, for intriguing against Richelieu in 1631, and that of her mother's cousin the comte de Montmorency-Boutteville for duelling in 1635; but her parents made their peace with Richelieu, and being introduced into society in 1635 she soon became one of the stars of the Hotel Rambouillet, at that time the centre of all that was learned, witty and gay in France.
- Other institutions belonging to the state are the national sheep-fold of Rambouillet (Seine-et-Oise) and the cow-house of Vieux-Pin (Orne) for the breeding of Durham cows.
- At the beginning of the revolution Charles was at St Cloud, whence on the news of the fighting he withdrew first to Versailles and then to Rambouillet.
- ULYSSE CHEVALIER (1841-), French bibliographer, was born at Rambouillet on the 24th of February 1841.Advertisement
- What we have watched ever since the Rambouillet process is the systematic expulsion of Kosovo Albanians.