Raku sentence example
- But the term raku-yaki did not come into use until the close of the century, when Chjiro (artistic name, Choryu) received from Hideyoshi (the TaikO) a seal bearing the ideograph raku, with which he thenceforth stamped his productions.
- The raku faience owed much of its popularity to the patronage of the tea clubs.
- He took for his models the raku faience of KiOto, the masterpieces of Ninsei and Kenzan, the rococc wares of Korea, the enamelled porcelain of China, and the blue-andwhite ware of Delft.
- Its only notable production of a ceramic character was the work of Miura Kenya (1830-1843), who followed the methods of the celebrated Haritsu (I 6881704) of KiOto in decorating plain or lacquered wood with mosaics of raku faience having colored glazes.
- Current Work Raku and smoke fired figurative ceramics and bowls.Advertisement
- In 1997 I began a change of direction to figurative work and raku firing.
- The piece is then fired again in a raku kiln to a point where the glaze has melted enough to form a brittle skin.
- During college years worked with a number of potters in France and Ireland making raku and earthenware.
- I now make mainly multi-coloured slipware, but still enjoy making oxidized stoneware, and Raku.
- Opening times: Please ring for appointment This year, alongside my raku work and tiles, I started making totems.Advertisement
- Artists worked with local schoolchildren to create tea bowls for a raku firing later in the year.
- Staff will publish two books this year on philosophy and art theory and one on raku ceramics.
- In many tourist shops you will see these quirky glasses, standing proud on their little raku pottery feet.
- Since 1986 she has made individual salt glazed stoneware and the occasional raku pot for fun.