Rake-up sentence example
- The oyster being sedentary, except for a few days in the earliest stages of its existence, is easily exterminated in any given locality; since, although it may not be possible for the fishermen to rake up from the bottom every individual, wholesale methods of capture soon result in covering up or otherwise destroying the oyster banks or reefs, as the communities of oysters are technically termed.
- Used heavy spring tines to rip up docks followed by a lighter cultivation to rake up and then burn.
- Sometimes the searchers wade into the sea, furnished with nets at the end of long poles, by means of which they drag in the sea-weed containing entangled masses of amber; or they dredge from boats in shallow water and rake up amber from between the boulders.
- Depending on the season, mow your grass or rake up all the leaves.
- Prevention: Rake up fallen leaves each autumn and discard them properly to prevent fungal diseases such as phyllosticta.Advertisement
- Finally, always rake up the fallen leaves every autumn.
- Homeowners should mulch or rake up fallen leaves and dispose of them according to local bylaws.
- Tackle your yard work and entertain your kids at once; rake up several piles all over the yard, and let your children have a ball.
- Be sure to rake up any remaining leaves and loose detritus from the winter, clean off patio furniture and check it for needing repairs.
- If you have a large yard or park nearby, guests can rake up the leaves and have fun jumping in the piles.Advertisement