Rajah sentence example
- The rajah of Patala at the apex of the Indus delta abandoned his country and fled.
- Its roll of kings extends deep into pre-historic times, but the first rajah capable of indentification flourished about the year 76 A.D.
- All might have fallen out as he anticipated, had it not been that the Nana Sahib, the adopted heir of the late peshwa, was rajah of Bithur in the neighbourhood.
- Its condition encouraged the Burmese to depose the rajah, and to make Assam a dependency of Ava.
- Taxila), that of the Paurara rajah (Gr.Advertisement
- In 1666 the rajah Palakkah, whose father and grandfather had been murdered by the family of Hassan, the tyrant of Sumatra, made common cause with the Dutch against that despot.
- The woman left the town, took refuge with an independent rajah, and there carried out her self-devoted purpose.
- His general, Mir Jumla, defeated the rajah, who fled to the mountains, and most of the chiefs made their submission to the conqueror.
- The place is celebrated as the site of a battle fought on the 23rd of September 1803 between the combined Mahratta forces under Sindhia and the rajah of Berar and the British under Major-General Wellesley, afterwards the duke of Wellington.
- But can he find a way to stop the Rajah from exercising his ancient right to consummate the marriage of his servant?Advertisement