Rajab sentence example
- These were presented in the month Rajab, corresponding to Nisan (Smith, Religion of Semites, p. 210).
- Mohtadi was overwhelmed and killed, Rajab 256 (June 870).
- Shortly after Motamid died, Rajab 279 (October 892).
- During his reign Jerusalem was reconquered by Saladin, 27 Rajab 583 (October 2nd, 1187).
- Al-Zahir bi-amri'llah (" the victorious through the orders of God") died within a year after his father's death, in Rajab 623 (July 1226).Advertisement
- Among the southern Arabs the hot well of Msa'ide was virtually a sanctuary, and the serpent-demon was honoured by annual festivals in the sacred month Rajab.
- To the ordinary pilgrim the omra has become so much an episode of the hajj that it is described by some European pilgrims as a mere visit to the mosque of Ayesha; a better conception of its original significance is got from the Meccan feast of the seventh month (Rajab), graphically described by Ibn Jubair from his observations in A.D.
- Rajab was one of the ancient sacred months, and the feast, which extended through the whole month and was a joyful season of hospitality and thanksgiving, no doubt represents the ancient feasts of Mecca more exactly than the ceremonies of the bajj, in which old usage has been overlaid by traditions and glosses of Islam.
- They are to pay one hundred dinars every year, in Rajab, full weight and good money.