Rainstorms sentence example
- Formed mostly of horizontal strata of varying hardness, they present a series of terraces of minor plateaus, rising one above the other, and intersected by small ravines worn by the occasional rainstorms which burst in their neighborhood.
- the valley is of the rift-valley type, a level depression in a limestone plateau, enclosed usually by steep cliffs, except where the tributary valleys drained into the main valley in early times, when there was a larger rainfall, and now carry off the occasional rainstorms that burst on the desert.
- We were drenched by rainstorms, burnt by the strong equatorial sunshine and Lenik nearly got swept down one of the rivers.
- rainstorms of biblical proportions hit Norfolk!
- The weather was very pleasant in December although slightly humid and during the second week we did have several monsoon rainstorms.Advertisement
- rainstorms swept across the airfield.
- In late June heavy rainstorms across the drainage basin increasing runoff to approx.
- The weather took a hand, and the schedule had to be chopped and changed as severe rainstorms swept across the airfield.
- During this time of year in particular there can also be daily afternoon rainstorms.
- Unfortunately we could n't bring the Sevens as they were grounded on Saturday afternoon after rainstorms of biblical proportions hit Norfolk !Advertisement
- While the pine needles are lightweight, they can withstand wind and rainstorms.
- Slicker - This solid vinyl, shiny bright raincoat style is a wonderful way to have fun while shedding cold-weather rainstorms.
- Snow sports lovers and backpackers need essential warmth and protection from unexpected rainstorms and showers.
- The restaurant's exciting Polynesian ambiance features light tropical rainstorms and a top-40 band performing from a thatch-covered barge on the pool, a dance floor built from the remains of the S.S.